Friday, October 23, 2009

Friday Fun: Meet the YS Staff

Wonder who it is that's helping with your reference question? Want to know more about the person leading your program? For the next few weeks, the New Lenox Kids! blog will be helping you get to know your YS staff.

This week, you get to meet Erin, one of the Youth Services Reference Assistants.

Name: Erin Hunter (no, not the author) :)

How long have you been at New Lenox Public Library? I've worked at NLPL since August 1999.

What's your favorite thing about working in a library? It's fun to see everyone get excited about reading, and I love being surrounded by books.

Do you run any programs? I run Treasure Hunters, the preschool program for 3 1/2-5 year olds on Monday afternoons at 1 P.M.

What is your favorite book? Kids: Where The Red Fern Grows (Wilson Rawls) and Where the Wild Things Are (Maurice Sendak). Adult: The Shadow of the Wind (Carlos Ruiz Zafon) and The Rum Diary (Hunter S. Thompson)

If you could be any character from any book, who would you want to be? Ginny or Hermione from the Harry Potter series.

Do you have any pets? If so, what kind and what are their names? Edward, a 7-year-old orange, purring ball of fur. I adopted him just a few weeks ago. He's a little crazy, but I wouldn't trade him for anything!

Do you have any kids? No.

What is one random fact about you? I'm a bridge nut...I love reading about and taking black and white photographs of bridges.

What is your favorite food? I have two favorites: deep dish pizza from Gino's East, and my mom's homemade beef stew.

If you didn't work in a library, what would you want to do? I always thought it would be fun to be a teacher or a bookshop or bakery owner.

Have questions for Erin or any of the other YS staff members? Feel free to ask, or just stop by the reference desks to say "hi!"

No comments:

Post a Comment