Friday, October 2, 2009

Friday Fun: Meet the YS Staff

Wonder who it is that's helping with your reference question? Want to know more about the person leading your program? For the next few weeks, the New Lenox Kids! blog will be helping you get to know your YS staff.

This week, you get to meet Alissa, one of the Youth Service Reference Assistants.


Name: Alissa

How long have you been at New Lenox Public Library? Almost a year and half.

What's your favorite thing about working in a library? Lots of things! I've always loved books, so I like being surrounded by them, but I also think my job is fun because I get to plan programs and be creative and silly.
Do you run any programs? I run WordPlay, which is our writing club, and I run Tales & Tunes, Simply Silly (sometimes) and Book Adventures, and some of the Saturday programs.

What is your favorite book? I can't pick! Lately, I've been loving The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate, the 39 Clues books, Harry Potter always! I also like the scary stories that Mary Downing Hahn writes. For picture books, you can't beat Mo Willems! I love the Pigeon! I also love the Fancy Nancy books, because I feel fancy sometimes, too.

If you could be any character from any book, who would you want to be? Hmm, this is a tough one. Maybe Hermione from Harry Potter, or Bella Swan from Twilight.

Do you have any pets? I have a Border Collie/Jack Russell Terrier mix dog named Lola. She's got lots of energy and loves to give kisses!

Do you have any kids? Nope.

What is one random fact about you? I used to be a newspaper reporter.

What is your favorite food? I love sweets! I also really like pizza:)

If you didn't work in a library, what would you want to do? I would want to be a writer, a party planner or an actress...working in a library is sort of like getting to do all three!

Have questions for Alissa or any of the other YS staff members? Feel free to ask, or just stop by the reference desks to say "hi!"

No comments:

Post a Comment