Friday, October 16, 2009

Friday Fun: Meet the YS Staff

Wonder who it is that's helping with your reference question? Want to know more about the person leading your program? For the next few weeks, the New Lenox Kids! blog will be helping you get to know your YS staff.

This week, you get to meet Judy, the one of the Youth Services Reference Assistants.

Name: Judy

How long have you been at New Lenox Public Library? I have been working at the library almost 13 years.

What's your favorite thing about working in a library? I enjoy working with people (especially kids) and I love books! At this job, I have it all!

Do you run any programs? Not at this time. I do coordinate all volunteers in the Youth Services Dept. and I go through any donations to see what we can add to our shelves. I also spend a lot of time making sure our collection is in “tip-top” shape.

What is your favorite book? I especially love the “Elephant and Piggie” books by Mo Willems. I also really enjoy reading historical fiction.

Do you have any pets? If so, what kind and what are their names? No, but I enjoy “dog sitting” for my daughters’ dogs. (Harley, Lola and Bingo)

Do you have any kids? Yes! I have 3 daughters. They are all grown up and married. I also have 1 grandson and 3 granddaughters! I am so very lucky!!

What is one random fact about you? I used to be a teacher.

What is your favorite food? Chocolate.

If you didn't work in a library, what would you want to do? I would love to be an Optometrist. How great would it be to help people to see better?
Have questions for Judy or any of the other YS staff members? Feel free to ask, or just stop by the reference desks to say "hi!"

No comments:

Post a Comment