Friday, September 25, 2009

Friday Fun: Meet the YS Staff

Wonder who it is that's helping with your reference question? Want to know more about the person leading your program? For the next few weeks, the New Lenox Kids! blog will be helping you get to know your YS staff.

This week, you get to meet Dana, the Youth Services Department Head.



Name: Dana

How long have you been at New Lenox Public Library? Two years the beginning of October

What's your favorite thing about working in a library? There’s always a variety of things to do and things going on so it’s never boring.

Do you run any programs? Not any regular programs, except for the annual Hamster Race. I also have done some Saturday programs and tours or programs for visiting groups.

What is your favorite book? I have very many favorite books, but one of my favorite chapter books is The Underneath by Kathi Appelt. Toys Go Out by Emily Jenkins is a very funny easier chapter book. I love anything by Mo Willems. And I’m a big fan of the Scaredy Squirrel books by Melanie Watt.

If you could be any character from any book, who would you want to be? Maybe one of the characters from the Harry Potter books, mostly because the world Rowling created was fascinating. When I was reading those books, I wanted to see characters moving around in paintings and be able to eat chocolate covered frogs and see a game called Quidditch.

Do you have any pets? If so, what kind and what are their names? Yes, I have two cats: Lilah and Sami, both female.

Do you have any kids? No

What is one random fact about you? I lived in Japan for nearly seven years.

What is your favorite food? My favorite type of food is Mexican. And I’m a big fan of popcorn!

If you didn't work in a library, what would you want to do? Something that would allow me to travel anywhere I wanted to go.


Have questions for Dana or any of the other YS staff members? Feel free to ask, or just stop by the reference desks to say "hi!"

No comments:

Post a Comment